ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION MASTER PLAN
The Ontario Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) is a citywide effort aimed at improving pedestrian, bicycle, and transit-related safety, accessibility, and connectivity to destinations throughout the city and beyond.
Goals and Objectives
- Engage Ontario community members, local businesses, and adjacent cities and jurisdictions in the plan-making process
- Collect and analyze data to understand the project’s context
- Evaluate and forecast demand for active transportation options
- Develop Safe Routes to School (SRTS), pedestrian, and bicycle improvement recommendations
- Produce Ontario Active Transportation Master Plan
How You Can Participate
- Community Events and Meetings: Attend community events and meetings to give your ideas on improving pedestrian, bicycle, and transit accessibility and connectivity.
- Walking Safety Assessments: Join the Ontario ATMP team for a walk around a public school near you to identify safety concerns.
- Online Survey:Take the online survey and give your feedback on how the city can improve your experience with walking, biking, and taking transit.