Community CPR Classes
Knowing CPR and First Aid skills empowers you to help someone in need. CPR is an important skill that everyone should learn. You never know when you may need this skill to help a stranger or to save someone you know and love.
The City of Ontario Fire Department now offers American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver® CPR AED (Part 1) online and AHA Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED (Part 1) online, to citizens and business at a nominal charge.
Si esta interesado en este programa en Español, favor de llamar al 909-395-2533.
To register, click on this link and fill out the registration form.
Your registration form can be emailed to Nvalencia@ontarioca.gov, mailed or hand carried to the Ontario Fire Department Administration Office.
Payment for the class can be made in person, called in to pay with your credit card or mailed with your registration form to:
Ontario Fire Department
415 East B Street
Ontario, CA 91764
Office hours are Monday–Thursday from 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Cost is $40 for CPR AED or $65 for First Aid CPR AED
- Once you pay for the course a key code will be issued to you.
- Then go to myonlineaha.org to register for your class.
- Enter your key code.
- You are now ready to take your online class.
- Once the course is completed and you have successfully passed the exam, print out your official AHA certificate of completion. You will need to bring it to the Part II session.
- The online course will take approximately two hours to complete.
- You can review the course as many times as you like before taking the exam.
- All students have access to their CPR course for up to one year once the key code is activated.
- A score of 85% is needed to pass the exam.
- All students will be offered a second chance to take the exam if unsuccessful on the first try.
- After taking the exam you have 60 days to complete Part II.
- Sign-up for a skills session.
- Skills sessions will take approximately one to one and a half hours depending on the amount of students.
- Once completed and signed off by your AHA Instructor, your AHA card will be processed.
- In approximately one to two weeks your card will arrive in the mail to the address you provided.
To sign-up for a skills session, contact Nancy Valencia at firstname.lastname@example.org, 909-395-2533 or the Fire Department Administrative Office at 909-395-2002 during regular business hours, Monday–Thursday, 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.