Housing Overview & Programs
The City of Ontario's residential neighborhoods are a source of great pride, which the City demonstrates through its ongoing commitment to beautiful neighborhoods and encouragement of home ownership through several outstanding programs. Other affiliate housing programs are also available to qualified residents of Ontario offered by the County of San Bernardino.
Summary of Housing Programs
- Looking for affordable housing in Ontario? We have multi-family, privately-owned, agency-owned, senior citizen and HUD housing projects within Ontario.
- Are you a developer or non-profit agency? We provide financial assistance if you are interested in building and acquiring/renovating single and multi-family units.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) are federal programs to benefit low-income families by funding community activities, capital improvements, resources for the homeless and a variety of affordable housing initiatives.
- To encourage City of Ontario police officers to take an active role in the community, the Police Assistance Loan (PAL) Program offers down payment assistance to Ontario peace officers if they purchase homes within Ontario city limits.
- In addition to City programs, affiliate housing programs are available through the following agencies: the County of San Bernardino Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program.
- Additional information for this program can be found at http://www.calhfa.ca.gov/homebuyer/programs/ectp.htm