James R. Bryant Park

James R. Bryant Park
James R. Bryant Park
James R. Bryant Park
James R. Bryant Park
  • 0
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Location

648 W. D St.
Ontario, CA
United States

Available Amenities:

  • Restrooms
  • Tot Lot - 10,296 sq. ft. (Fibar Surface) for 2 to 12 Years Old
  • Play Structure - ADA Compliant
  • 2 Benches in Tot Lot Area
  • Exercise Equipment
  • 1 Full Basketball Court
  • 2 Half Basketball Courts
  • 4 Picnic Tables
  • 4 Barbecues
  • Turf Area / Multi-Use
  • 3 King Light Standards
  • 17 Parking Spaces
  • 1 Tennis Court / Double
  • 2 Drinking Fountains

About James R. Bryant Park:

Located on the northeast corner of D Street and San Antonio Avenue.  Owned by the Ontario-Montclair School District and developed in 1977 by the City of Ontario, James B. Bryant Park was originally named San Antonio Park.  It was rededicated on May 29, 2002 to James B. Bryant Park.

Mr. Bryant was born on October 9, 1926 in Inglewood, California and was one of 14 children.  Mr. Bryant enlisted in the United States Naval Reserve by the age of 17 and had a career of 24 years. While in the Navy, Mr. Bryant was the first Master Chief Journalist in the Active Reserve.  He was the Sports Editor for the Ontario Daily Report and the first civilian Public Information Officer for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.  Mr. Bryant served on the Ontario Recreation and Parks Commission from 1983 to 2013.  James B. Bryant Park Master Plan has been adopted.