How to obtain your FREE library card online or in person:
- 18 and Over: Show a valid California Driver's License or ID, Armed Forces ID, or Matricula Consular ID. If your ID does not show a current mailing address, the following will be accepted for proof of address:
- Utility bill (dated within last 2 months)
- Postmarked mailed envelope (dated within last 2 months)
- Checking account
- Under 18: A parent or legal guardian must provide valid identification (as listed above) and sign the application.
To obtain your FREE library card online click here to register now.
All materials are due by closing.
- Customers may place requests on titles to pick up material at any Ontario City Library location. Delivery time for checked in material is usually one day depending on availability.
- Up to 15 holds may be placed per card. When material is ready for pick up, you will be notified. Items will be held for 7 days.
- Books, audiobooks, and Nonfiction/Television DVD/Blu-rays will automatically be renewed three days before their original due date.
- Movies DVD/Blu-rays and items on hold will not be renewed.
- Most library material may be renewed once if the items have not been requested by another library user.
- Our automated telephone renewal and notification system will list the titles of items checked out to you or on hold for you. It will allow you to renew materials. Please have your library card ready: 909-395-2042.
- You may also renew online. Have your library card and pin number ready.
- Make sure you receive a due date when you renew your item.
Library Fines and Fees
Overdue fines are assessed from the first day past due on a per day per item basis. The following fees apply:
- $7.00 for overdue materials or fines over $25.00 referred to the collection agency.
- $2.00 for Interlibrary Loans.
- $1.00 for lost or stolen library cards.
- Full replacement cost plus a processing fee for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- $0.50 Expired Holds (cancel your hold free of charge)
||$0.15 per day
$1.00 per day
Loss of Borrowing Privileges
Library materials may not be checked out in any of the following circumstances:
- Overdue fines of $10.00 or more will result in the loss of your borrowing privileges and internet usage.
- Overdue charges exceeding one year.
- Accounts owing a balance of $25 or more will be referred to a collection agency after 14 days.
- Inappropriate use of Internet computers.
- Failure to comply with Ontario City Library Code of Conduct.
- Library material may be returned at any Ontario City Library location. (Outside book drops are available for your convenience.)
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- The library provides an interlibrary loan service to our customers who wish to borrow books not available in local libraries. The cost for this service is $2.00 per request, payable when books arrive at the library, whether or not they are picked up by the customer.
- The service is available primarily for printed books. Some books and most non-book materials are not available to borrow through interlibrary loan, including audiovisual and electronic materials. Such requests will be automatically cancelled and no fee will be charged.
- Requests can be made online by logging in to your library account and searching for the catalog for books. Reference staff can assist with this process. Requests for microfilm and genealogy materials must be made in person at the library.
- Books requested through interlibrary loan may be borrowed for a maximum of 3 weeks. The cost of lost or damaged materials is determined by the lending library. The customer placing the request is responsible for payment of lost or damaged items.
- A notice will be mailed on all material overdue three days.
- If you sign up for email or text notification, you will get a notification three days before your items are due.
- Please notify the library if your telephone number, email, or mailing address has changed.
- If you feel there is a discrepancy when receiving a notice, please call the library promptly to discuss the situation. Please have your library card ready: 909-395-2521 Ovitt or 909-395-2014 Colony
- The library offers a variety of services for teachers and schools. Please inquire at one of the service desks.
Your library card or valid picture I.D. must be presented whenever you wish to check out library materials.
- You are responsible for the return of all materials checked out on your card.
- A maximum of 25 items may be checked out on your card at one time. (This total may include up to 5 movie DVDs or Blu-rays.)