The City of Ontario offers refuse and recycling collection service to its residents. The City serves approximately 30,000 single-family homes and offers several residential programs. Among the programs offered are the roll-out services for elderly and disabled residents and bulky item pick-ups by appointment.
You may also view the fees for solid waste services.
Please remember the following in order to allow the best possible service:
General Container Information
- The front of the container should face the street.
- The arrows on the container lids should point towards the street.
- The wheels to the refuse containers should be placed against the curb.
- Containers must be a minimum of 3 feet from any obstructions (trees, parked vehicles, mailboxes, etc.) and at least one foot between other containers. Containers should be in plain view and not placed behind any objects.
- All containers should be placed out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, but not earlier than the evening prior to collection. Empty container must be removed from the curb no later than 24 hours after collection.
- Materials should not protrude outside the top of the container
- Do not set any items on top of the containers.
Please view the information on the solid waste containers:
Bulky Items Collected
Residents can have large items collected at no charge through the Bulky Item Collection Program. This is available on an appointment only basis. Residents can call (909) 395-2050 to schedule an appointment. Following are some guidelines for the program.
- Limit 5 items per appointment.
- The following general categories are eligible for the program.
- Bundled or bagged green waste, brush
- Electronic waste (TV's, Computers, stereo equipment)
- Water heaters
- Single family residents may schedule up to 4 appointments per calendar year.
- Apartment and condo residents:
- Metal bin service, 2 appointments per year
- Plastic cart service, 4 appointments per year
- Contact association manager to schedule appointments
- For large loads, two appointments can be scheduled at the same time.
- Businesses can schedule a Bulky Item Collection for a fee.