Return to FAQ

Water Quality

Water Quality

If service is disconnected, is there a charge to turn it back on?

Service will be reconnected only after the account balance and all fees are paid. Please call 909-395-2050 to speak to a customer service representative during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) or Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).

How can I find out what's in my water?

Every year the City of Ontario publishes and mails to all customers an annual Water Quality Report. The free report gives the results of the tests it does in order to make sure your water meets federal and state drinking water regulations. It also explains where your water comes from and includes other useful information. The report is available in English and Spanish. To request a hard copy, please call (909) 395-2678 or e-mail

When are you open?

We are open Monday through Thursday from 7:30a.m. to 5:30p.m. and Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. We are closed on weekends and most holidays.

When will the advance payment be refunded?

The advance payment is applied to your final bill when service is closed.

If the bill is not paid, will service be disconnected?

Customers are notified that account is delinquent and final date for payment. If payment is not made, service will be disconnected.

If I am unable to pay by the Past Due Date is it possible to get an extension for payment?

Payment extensions are not granted on advance payments. However, we are happy to provide assistance to our customers who are having temporary financial difficulties. Requests for payment extensions are considered on an individual basis and must be requested before the account is past due.

Is interest paid on advance payments?


What methods of payment are accepted for advance payments?

Cash (in office), money orders, checks, ATM, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.

Will I be required to pay an advance payment? If so, how much will it be?

An advance payment is required for service. For residential customers, there will be a maximum of $220.00 per dwelling. For business customers, advance payments can vary depending on the service level.

Where is your 24-hour drop box located?

Our 24-hour drop box is located in the circle drive in the main parking lot for City Hall and the Senior Center.

Where do I mail my payment?

Mail to:
City of Ontario Revenue Services Department
1333 S. Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761

When is the bill due?

The bill is due and payable upon receipt. The bill becomes delinquent if not paid within 26 days from the bill date.

When will I be billed?

Bills are issued monthly.

How many days in advance do I need to call to have service turned on/off?

At least one business day in advance is required.

What information do I need to turn service off?

Account name, service address, turn off date, forwarding address, and social security number.

Do I have to come into the office to apply for service?

No, service can be started over the phone provided the required advance payment is made with a credit card.

What information do I need to turn service on?

For Residential Service:

  • Turn on date
  • Service address
  • Billing address
  • Name on account (Phone number(s) and Social security number)
  • Advance payment of a maximum of $220 per residential dwelling (can pay in person or by phone with Visa, Mastercard or Discover).

For Commercial Service:

  • Turn on date
  • Service address
  • Name of business (Federal tax ID number, City of Ontario business license number, Phone numbers, and Contact person)
  • Advance payment is required, dollar amount is based on prior usage and type of solid waste service requested (can pay in person or by phone with Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
What methods of payment do you accept?

There are several options you may use when paying your utility bill. They include:

  • Cash (in office)
  • Money orders
  • Checks
  • ATM
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Discover
Where are you located?

We are located at the Utility & Customer Services Center at 1333 S. Bon View Avenue.

Who is making sure that my water is safe and healthy to drink?

California has very strict regulations for the quality of tap water. There are also laws and additional state and federal agencies that help keep harmful things out of drinking water sources. Your utility must make sure that your water meets these requirements. Southern California utilities have an excellent record for delivering water that is as good or better than required. If for some reason your water did not meet the health and safety regulations, you would be notified immediately. Each of us also has a responsibility to take care of the drinking water on our property. For example, if you use a water filter, make sure you change the filter often so bacteria does not grow inside and spoil the water. Clean out your older plumbing or drains properly so that your water doesn't collect odd smells, tastes or colors. While a funny color, taste or smell usually doesn’t mean your water is unsafe, you still may want to correct the problem.

Email Alerts

Sign up for personalized email alerts.

Stay Connected

Stay informed with the latest updates.