FREE Sprinkler Nozzles-Program will be ending on June 30, 2018
High-efficiency nozzles can increase your water efficiency up to 30%. Ontario residents can get up to 25 free high-efficiency nozzles by following the steps below:
- Determine the number of nozzles and types of nozzles you need
- Log on to www.freesprinklernozzles.com, be sure to have the water account name and number handy
- Print your voucher and take it to a participating supplier
Inland Empire Landscape Contest
Do you have a water-wise yard? Enter the Inland Empire Landscape Contest for a chance to win cash prizes. Enter the contest at www.inlandempirelandscapecontest.com. Entries must demonstrate and will be judged on attractive use of water-wise landscaping, water use efficiency, and good maintenance practices. Enter between now and May 31st, 2018.
Residential Landscape Design Assistance Program
Ontario residents are eligible for free landscape design services. Residents can get a free landscape design of their yard. The program requires a $50 deposit for participation that is fully refundable if the landscape project is significantly completed within 6 months of design appointment date. Please vist https://www.cbwcd.org/186/Landscape-Design for more information.
Ontario will be hosting free mulch giveaways on the following dates from 7AM-2PM. Residents must bring an ID, a utility bill showing proof of residence in Ontario and a containter(s) to put mulch into.
- June 15, 2018-Galvin Park (1072 N Grove Avenue)
- June 16, 2018-Cucamonga City Yard (1440 S Cucamonga Street)
- September 14, 2018-Galvin Park (1072 N Grove Avenue)
- September 15, 2018-Cucamonga City Yard (1440 S Cucamonga Street)
- December 7, 2018-Galvin Park (1072 N Grove Avenue)
- December 8,2018-Cucamonga City Yard (1440 S Cucamonga Street)
Please call 909-395-2633 if you have questions.
FREE Smart Controller Upgrade Program – available to qualifying Ontario Homeowners
- Retrofit of existing irrigation controller/timer with a new "smart" controller
- Assistance with programming the "smart" controller
- Evaluation of how water is being used at the home and recommendations for improvement
- Available for properties under 1/4 acre and over 1/4 acre
- Resident must have a working sprinkler system and a non weather based irrigation controller
- To apply, click here
FREE Landscape Evaluation
Every Drop Counts, Keep Saving Ontario
Congratulations Ontario Residents and businesses! With your help, Ontario has achieved a 10% water savings since July 2016. Due to improved water conditions statewide, the State Water Resources Control Board has removed mandatory conservation targets. In response, on June 21, 2016, the City eliminated excess water use penalties. The recent water saving efforts and local water supply investments ensure that Ontario has adequate local water supply. Please keep in mind that California has entered its fifth year in a drought and Ontario is still in Stage 2 water restrictions. The goal of Stage 2 water restrictions is to save 10-20%.
Below are Ontario’s Stage 2 water use restrictions:
- No hose washing of sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking areas or other paved surfaces
- No hose washing of an automobile without a fitted shut-off nozzle
- No public place (ie. restaurant) where food is served, shall serve water unless requested by customer
- No person shall water outdoor landscaping between the hours of 9 AM and 4 PM
- No person shall allow water to be applied to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff
- No filling or refilling empty swimming pools without permission from the City
- Newly constructed homes and buildings shall irrigate in a manner that is consistent with California Building Standards Commission and Department of Housing & Community Development
- Prohibit irrigating turf or ornamental landscape during and within 48 hours following measurable rainfall
- Operators of hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of choosing not to have towels and linens laundered daily and prominently display notice of this option