“Taking Care of Business Everyday”
Parks and Maintenance Department Mission Statement
“We create and strengthen community value by enhancing the quality of life in the City of Ontario through our professional services, maintaining and preserving parkland, public facilities and City infrastructure.”
Parks and Maintenance Department Commitment to the Community
BE COMMITTED TO THE COMMUNITY
- We facilitate productive and positive service to the community through our commitment to Our Department Approach to Public Service.
- We utilize and maintain a work management system as a tool to meet customer service requests and department services in a professional and efficient approach.
- We maintain master plans for parkland and recreational services and public right of ways; for trees, sidewalk and curb/gutter and develop future master plans as needed.
ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE THROUGH TEAMWORK
- We regard our staff as our most important asset, and therefore understand our success as managers is dependent upon the success of our staff.
- We develop, train and support all staff to succeed in their position and to be prepared for future advancements.
- We hire qualified applicants who will be committed to Our Department Approach to Public Services.
- We are committed to and can be trusted to taking care of business everyday through our excellent teamwork as a department.
DO THE RIGHT THING THE RIGHT WAY
- We research and implement the best technology and industry advancement to enhance our public services.
- We understand our commitment is to provide the very best public services in all our department programs will strengthen community value that will result in the creation of a self sustaining economic cycle.
- We act with integrity in all our responsibilities and assignments with each other, other City departments, outside agencies and the public.