Street Overlay Consist of 3 Stages:
- Street Grinding - Street is ground with 4 ft header cuts, so new asphalt binds to existing gutter line.
- Crack Sealing - Cracks are filled to eliminate reflective cracking of new pavement.
- Resurfacing - After 3 weeks of crack sealing cure time, the street will be resurfaced with 1 in. overlay of hot asphalt.
When your street is scheduled to receive an overlay, we ask that you please follow the guidelines below:
- Please park your vehicle on a different street if you intend to use it after 7:00 a.m.
- Please do not park your vehicle in the street as we will be sweeping the street before we begin resurfacing
- Please avoid running water into the street at least 24 hours before the resurfacing
- Please keep children and pets away from the street as we will be using hot paving materials
- If the resurfacing of your street is scheduled for your normal trash day pickup please put your trash and recycling out by 6:00 A.M. and it will be collected prior to resurfacing of your street.
City crews will reopen your street when it is safe for traffic. We will be working as quickly as possible to complete the resurfacing and apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
If you have any questions, please call the Street Department at (909) 395-2639.