Complaints may be filed by calling the Community Improvement office directly OR 24-hours a day on the Code Violation Hotline.

Community Improvement Office: (909) 395-2007  (Monday - Thursday, 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM)

Code Violation Hotline: (909) 395-2278

Complaints made via the Hotline or Violation Form will be reviewed on the next business day.

Complaints may also be lodged using the Community Improvement Violation Form below.

Addresses or specific locations (i.e., the northwest corner of an intersection or one lot east of a specific address) are required to file a complaint. You will also need a description of the alleged violation. Complainant information is kept strictly confidential and is not released outside of the Community Improvement office.

Community Improvement is located at:

208 West Emporia Street 
Ontario, CA 91762 
Phone: (909) 395-2007 
Fax: (909) 986-0427

If you suspect there are violations of the Ontario Municipal Code in your neighborhood, please use this form to send a complaint to Community Improvement. Please include your name and phone number in case we need to contact you regarding your complaint. This information is kept strictly confidential and is not released outside of our office. Please include the street address (or a description of the specific location (i.e., northwest corner of an intersection or one lot east of a specific address)) of the suspected violation. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call (909) 395-2007.

You can also report a number of issues using our online Maintenance Reporting form, or through our MyOntario app, which you can download for free on your smart phone. 

The list below are issues that Community Improvement IS NOT responsible for and filling out the form will not result in a complaint. Please call the number next to the issue for further assistance.


Air Quality / Dust / Odors South Coast Air Quality District  (800) 288-7664
Airport Noise Ontario Airport Authority (909) 544-5300
Animal Related Issues

Inland Valley Humane Society OR online Maintenance Reporting form

(909) 623-9777
Building Permits / Illegal Construction in Progress City of Ontario Building Department (909) 395-2023
Business License Information City of Ontario Business License (909) 395-2022
City Trees / Illegal Dumping in public right-of-way / Sidewalks City of Ontario Public Works Department OR online Maintenance Reporting form (909) 395-2600
Down Power Line Southern California Edison (800) 611-1911 and 911
Hazardous Spill / Materials City of Ontario Fire Department (800) 645-9228
Homeless / Peddlers City of Ontario Police Department (909) 395-2001
Landlord / Neighbor Disputes Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board (909) 984-2254
Landlord / Neighbor Legal Service Western San Bernardino County Bar Association Lawyer Referral (909) 945-2980
*Please Note Neighbor issues regarding trees or damage to property or property line disputes are civil matters.
Mobile Home Park issues Mobile Home Assistance Center (951) 782-4420
Mosquitos, bees, rodents West Valley Vector Control (909) 635-0307
Natural Gas Leak So Cal Gas Co (800) 427-2200 and 911
Shopping Cart Retrieval Cart Retrieval Inc. OR online Maintenance Reporting form (702) 468-4401

Vehicles parked over 72 hours on street / Parking in Fire Lane

City of Ontario Police Department (909) 395-2001
Zoning Information City of Ontario Planning Department (909) 395-2036


If your issue was not mentioned above, please fill out the form below.

Property Information

If your issue is not listed, COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT does not cover your issue.
Please find your topic in the table above, which also lists who is responsible for addressing the issue.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Downloadable Files