DUE TO STAFFING ISSUES, PASSPORT SERVICES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
Updated Information on Service Times as of June 17, 2021:
Routine service can take up to 18 weeks
Expedited service (for an additional $60) can take up to 12 weeks
The Ontario City Clerk/Records Management Department is a designated Passport Acceptance Agency. We provide passport services by appointment for your convenience. Our services include processing of new applications, photo services (for adults and children over the age of 3) and direction for renewal applications. We do not offer money order services.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 12:30pm
By Appointment Only (Note each individual applicant must be schedule for their own 30 minute time slot.)
(Last application accepted at 12:30 pm)
- Passports must be renewed every 10 years for adults and every 5 years for children 15 and younger
- Routine processing time is up to 18 weeks
- Expedited processing time is up to 12 weeks.
- A passport book is required when traveling internationally by air and is acceptable when traveling by land or sea. A passport card is only acceptable when traveling by land or sea to Mexico, Canada or the Caribbean, and is not valid for international travel;
- For applicants ages 0-15, both parents and applicant must be present
- Applicants ages 16-17 can apply with one parent; Learn more about applying for a passport
Applicants must each have an appointment and are required to be present and provide the following:
- Completed Passport Application – Must be completed in black ink, only single-sided applications will be accepted, do not print double-sided. Must be signed in the presence of accepting agent.
- Valid, government-issued identification:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Government issued ID (city, state, or federal)
- Current military ID
- Original proof of citizenship:
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport (minors will require a birth certificate as well)
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county, or state (abstracts or copies will not be accepted)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Passport Photo – 2 x 2-inch color photo taken within the past 6 months, learn about (Available on-site for adults and children over the age of 3)
- Two forms of payment:
- Application fee payable to the U.S. Department of State by check/money order only
- City of Ontario by check, money order, cash, debit, or credit.
If you meet certain criteria you can renew your passport on your own, by mail using
*Please note, a passport that was issued to a minor under 16 is not eligible for mail renewal and a new application Form DS-11 will have to be processed at an acceptance facility. Both the previous passport and original birth certificate will be required. Learn more about renewing your passport
All passport fees are set by the U.S. State Department. Learn more about fee information
|Adult 16 & Over||$110|
|Minor 15 & Under||$80|
|Adult 16 & Over||$30|
|Minor 15 & Under||$15|
|1-2 Day Delivery Service*||$17.13|
Passport Photos $15.00
*Only available for Passport Book applicants in the United States. This service is NOT available for Passport Card applicants. Passport cards are sent via First Class Mail.
Those with urgent international travel plans (3 weeks or less) must call for an appointment at a Passport Agency. Applicants must provide proof of travel. The automated appointment system can be accessed 24/7 by calling (877) 487-2778 or online.
Can I get photos taken at your location?
Yes, we do offer photo services. the cost is $15.00 per photo.
How can I check the status of my application?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for Routine Service and 3-4 weeks for Expedited Service. You can check the status of your application by calling the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778, or online If your travel plans change while you are waiting for your passport, you must contact the National Passport Information Center for assistance.
How do I renew my child’s passport?
Children’s passports are not eligible for renewal by mail. If your child is under age 16, he or she must appear in person with you and the child's other parent/guardian to apply. A child's application must be submitted in person at a passport agency or authorized passport application acceptance facility, and cannot be renewed by mail.
There is a custody issue surrounding my child. Can I still get them a passport?
Please contact the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778, or visit their website to obtain more information regarding family and children’s issues.
How do I obtain a certified copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the Vital Statistics Office in the state where you were born. For those born in the counties of Los Angeles and San Bernardino, the information is listed below:
Los Angeles County
4716 E Cesar Chavez Blvd, Building B
Los Angeles, CA 90022 (800) 201-8999
San Bernardino County
222 W Hospitality Lane, 1stFloor
San Bernardino, CA 92415 (909) 387-8306
I have a life or death emergency in a foreign country. What should I do?
Life or Death Emergencies involve serious illness, injury, or death in your immediate family that requires you to travel within 72 hours (3 business days) to a foreign country that requires a passport. Customers must appear in person at a passport agency for emergency service with documentation of the emergency.
Please call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778 to schedule an appointment at the nearest Passport Agency. The automated appointment system is accessible 24/7. If the automated system cannot meet your needs, you can speak with a Customer Service Representative during business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST (except federal holidays). If you are calling outside of business hours and cannot make an appointment that will meet your travel needs using the automated system, please call (202) 647-4000.
I have a passport question that was not answered, who can I contact?
You may call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778, or visit the Department of State's website.