Online Police Reporting


This form is not monitored 24/7 - Call our general info line at (909) 395-2001 for assistance or dial 911 for emergency



1.  Did this incident occur outside of Ontario city limits?
2.  Do you have suspect names? (except child custody)
3.  Did this happen on a Freeway?
4.  Is this a theft of a vehicle or license plate?

If you answered 'Yes' to any question 1 through 4, we cannot take an online report. Please contact the Ontario Police Department at (909) 986-6711 for an officer to assist you with your report.

To report fireworks, click here or visit

Welcome to the Ontario Police Department Citizen's Online Police Reporting System. Using this online police report system allows you to submit a report and immediately print a temporary copy of the police report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up-blocking software before filing your report. If you have any questions, please refer to our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:

  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted".
  • Be given a temporary police report number.
  • Be able to print a temporary copy of your report for your records

Once our personnel has reviewed your online police report, you will be notified via e-mail with your permanent case number and a printable copy of the permanent report.

Please note:

  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
  • You must have a valid Email address to file an online police report.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you will be contacted.
  • For anonymous crime tips contact

Incident types that can be entered using the internet are:

  • Child Custody Violation
  • Harassing Phone Call
  • Lost Property
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Vehicle Burglary
  • Vehicle Tampering

Click Here to Begin

Disclaimer: Do not file a P.C. 166, violation of a court order report, if it involves at least one party who has custodial rights to a child pursuant to Penal Code 277(e), and the child has been enticed away, kept, withheld, or concealed, from a parent/legal guardian who has a right to custody or visitation pursuant to Penal Code 278.5(a). In cases where one parent or guardian intends to withhold the child for at least 24 hours or later, please contact the Ontario Police Department in person or by phone at 909-986-6711 to file a missing persons pursuant to Penal Code 14215(a).

Online Police Report FAQ

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 909-395-2001.

What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Ontario Police Department please call the police department for that city.

What if this happened on a state Freeway?

If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

What is a known suspect?

A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Downloadable Files