Welcome to the City of Ontario’s
Virtual Community Life & Culture Resource Center!
This is your place for fun, education and resources through these wild and turbulent times.
We are committed to ensuring that our resilient community members have resources to maintain healthy lives, grow meaningful relationships and continue to have extraordinary experiences.
ONTARIO VIDEO CONTENT
New video content added here daily!! For all of our videos, check the dropdowns below.
NEW! Week of July 6th
Book Talks & Journals
NEW Digital Library Card!
The Ontario City Library is excited to introduce the digital card! If you don’t have a library card and would like access to our e-books and other e-resources, you can get a digital card through the library’s catalog webpage.
Here’s how (see video tutorial below):
- Create a new account here
- Select “Ovitt Family Community Library” as your home library and enter your postal code.
- Fill out the online form & create your PIN number.
- TA-DA! The next screen has your digital library card number. All cards begin with PACREG followed by six digits. (Ex. PACREGXXXXXX). You will need this number and your PIN number to access your account, so make sure to write it down!
You may check out up to 25 items at a time on your new digital library card!
If you need help signing up for your digital card or already have a library card and need help assistance, view the video below OR call the Library at (909) 395-2004 from 9 AM - 5 PM.
During this time of social distancing, it's a great time to curl up with a book. CloudLibrary is a great way to get your reading fix without leaving the house and it's absolutely free with your library card. Walk through these step-by-step instructions to get started.
- Download the CloudLibrary APP on your device
- Open the APP and select Your Library from the dropdown
- Log in by inputting your library card number and you PIN. Your PIN is typically the last four digits of your phone number or your four-digit birth year
- Visit the CloudLibrary website and log into your account using your library card number and PIN.
- Browse or search until you find a book that interests you. Click on the green "BORROW" button below the cover image.
- Go back to your CloudLibrary APP and your book will appear!
Little Learners & Brilliant Babies
Around the World / How-To Videos
At-Home Learning Programs
Educating at home can be tricky. Check out these educational programs below!
At-Home Learning educational program schedule. Check your local listing for details.
- PBS SoCal Pre-K-3rd grade, 5:00 am - 5:00 pm. Visit the PBS SoCal TV schedule.
- KLCS Pre-K-12th grade, 6:00 am - 6:00 pm, with additional educational programming in the evenings. Visit the KLCS TV schedule.
- KCET 9th-12th grade, Daytime programming with additional educational programming on PBS SoCal and KLCS digital channels. Visit the KCET TV schedule.
- KPBS Pre-K-3rd grade from 6:00 - 8:00 am, 4th-8th grades from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm, and 9th-12th grades from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Visit the KPBS TV schedule.
- Scholastic Learn At Home!
- Brainpop is offering free lessons for kids while schools are closed!
- The Library of Congress will release videos and activities starting April 1 in collaboration with Captain Underpants creator, Dav Pilkey
- Do science from home and help your planet!
- Free animal courses from the San Diego Zoo for teens and adults ages 13 and up
- San Diego Zoo for kids!
- Disney Bedtime hotline
- Connect with Nature! Explore and share your observations from the natural world.
- The Museum of Modern Art
- LA Zoo brings the Zoo to you! See cool views of the Zoo.
- I Love Libraries
Take a Virtual Vacation!
- Explore the world using Google Earth. Use Street View to see places like you’re actually there.
- Visit one of many museums around the world through their Virtual Tours.
- Visit the Aquarium of the Pacific online, and engage with their exhibits and animals virtually.
- Check out all of these live animal cameras on Explore.org!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Watch sharks and other sea life live in their aquarium!
- The Bob Baker Marionette Theater shares with you “At Home Happiness” with downloadable activities, special podcasts, instructional puppet making, playlists and videos of past performances.
- Hogwarts Virtual Escape Room: Take a trip to Hogwarts and test your virtual escape room skills!
- Aiden Tylers Webcast Series: Quaran-Teen Watch Aiden every Tuesday starting March 24 for his web series Quaran-Teen
- Cirque Du Soleil has provided a free recorded version of Kurios Cabinet of Curios online!
- Look to the skies and explore the different live observatory webcams all around the world at the European Southern Observatory.
- Be delighted by the Zoos of Victoria’s Snow Leopard Cub cam, Giraffe cam, and more!
- Explore the worlds LARGEST cave with National Geographic.
- Take a virtual tour of the National Museum United States Air Force.
- Take a virtual tour of the National Aquarium in Baltimore, MD.
- View the Secret Annex of Anne Franks House.
Grocery & Retail Store Times
During this time, local Grocery Stores & Retail hours may have shortened, or have offered Senior hours. Visit Ontarioca.gov/CoronaVirus and click on the dropdown "Grocery & Retail Store Times"
Children & Teens Meal Programs
- OMSD Meal Program
- Mountain View School District Meal Program
- 34 Recipes Teens Show Know By Heart!
- OMSD’s Family and Collaborative Services website includes tons of food and employment resources.