The City of Ontario offers refuse and recycling collection service to its residents. The City serves approximately 30,000 single-family homes and offers several residential programs. Among the programs offered are the roll-out services for elderly and disabled residents and bulky item pick-ups by appointment. You may also view the fees for solid waste services.
Please remember the following in order to allow the best possible service:
General Container Information
- The front of the container should face the street.
- The arrows on the container lids should point towards the street.
- The wheels to the refuse containers should be placed against the curb.
- Containers must be a minimum of 3 feet from any obstructions (trees, parked vehicles, mailboxes, etc.) and at least one foot between other containers. Containers should be in plain view and not placed behind any objects.
- All containers should be placed out by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day, but not earlier than the evening prior to collection. Empty container must be removed from the curb no later than 24 hours after collection.
- Materials should not protrude outside the top of the container
- Do not set any items on top of the containers.
Ontario offers several options for residents to discard large household items. Residents can schedule a Bulky Item collection appointment by calling (909) 395-2050, or bring items to one of the City’s Community Cleanup events scheduled throughout the year.
- Residents can schedule a curbside Bulky Item collection appointment by calling (909) 395-2050.
- Single family residents may schedule up to four (4) Bulky Item appointments per calendar year.
- Apartment and condo residents should contact their property/association manager to schedule appointments.
- Curbside pickup is limited to five (5) large items per appointment.
- Residents will receive a postcard invitation in the mail to attend one of the scheduled Community Cleanup events each year.
- Community Cleanup events are held at 1425 S. Bon View Ave.
- Approximately 70% of the materials collected at these events get recycled!
Furniture & Mattresses
Appliances & Water Heaters
Green Waste (bundled or bagged)
Electronic Waste (TVs, computers & stereo equipment)
Additional Items Accepted at Community Cleanup Events Include:
- Passenger Car Tires (maximum of 4)
- Scrap Metal
- Wood Waste (lumber)
Both Bulky Item collection programs are available for Ontario Residents only. Businesses can schedule a Bulky Item Collection for a fee and are not permitted at Community Cleanup events. Residents can also report abandoned items on roadways and in alleys by calling Debris Removal at (909) 395-2639 or through the “myOntario” App.