ONTARIO, CA – On Tuesday, May 7th, the Ontario City Council will honor 18 elementary school students as winners of the city’s 2019 water conservation poster contest.
More than 1,000 students participated in the annual contest, which promotes the “Protection and Conservation of the Chino Groundwater Basin.” The city sponsors the contest in partnership with the Chino Basin Water Conservation District.
“It is inspiring to see how much Ontario children care about water conservation,” said Mayor Paul Leon. “There were so many creative and exceptional entries that judging was very difficult.”
The winning posters are on display at the Ovitt Family Community Library through the end of May.
The winners, by grade (and school):
- Miriam Macias (Vista Grande)
- Ava Dunn (Vineyard STEM)
- Julian Booth (Corona)
- Ricardo Sanchez (Central Language)
- Dylan Torres-Ponce (Central Language)
- Ruth Lew (Central Language)
- Gisselle Bravo (Haynes)
- Elizabeth Chavez (Haynes)
- Byron Sanchez (Haynes)
- Violet Cervantes (Del Norte)
- Aracely Torres (Del Norte)
- Alexys Crawford (Del Norte)
- Itzel Flores Rojas (Vista Grande)
- Damien Lua (Vista Grande)
- Christopher Le (Vista Grande)
- Audrey Miralles (Vista Grande)
- Katherine Chang (Vista Grande)
- Jazlene Martinez (Vista Grande)