Today Ontario officials announced a new opportunity for qualified accelerator and incubator operators who will be tapped with developing and running a brick-and-mortar facility dedicated to supporting the ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship in the City and greater Inland Empire region.
The Request for Proposals was posted on June 23, 2022, on Planet Bids. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2022.
This incubator/accelerator is envisioned as a space designed for new and early-stage start-up businesses, innovators, entrepreneurs, and community stakeholders to access resources and programming. Placing a core focus on helping promote and incubate innovative new ideas and solutions, the accelerator/incubator will offer co-working space, meeting rooms, access to mentors, and space for workshops and business resources.
The City of Ontario is seeking proposals from highly qualified applicants to operate the incubator/accelerator and to develop, implement, and operate an incubator/accelerator with the following main goals in mind:
- Create jobs and retain talent in Ontario and Inland Empire region;
- Attract high growth start-ups to Ontario, and retain them once they successfully complete the accelerator program;
- Support entrepreneurs currently traveling outside the region for outside resources, including, but not limited to, accessing capital and mentorship;
- Raise the profile of Ontario as a hub for technology and innovation
- Contribute to the innovation in the region’s leading industries and surrounding communities, including, but not limited to, logistics, warehouse, and distribution
Applicants are required to host the accelerator/incubator in a physical location in Ontario. The City has designated one site as a possible location. A site tour is scheduled for June 30, 2022, from 3-4 p.m.
Deadline to apply for the RFP is 5 p.m. on July 15, 2022, via Planet Bids. For more information, please contact our Economic Development Department at email@example.com
# # #
About the City of Ontario
The City of Ontario is enhancing the quality-of-life by creating urban lifestyle districts that create sustainable places to live, work and play. Located just east of Los Angeles and Orange counties, the City of Ontario is ideally situated as a gateway to Southern California. With major freeways, rail transportation and an International Airport, Ontario invites the rest of the world to be a part of a culturally diverse community with rich history that is well positioned for quality development and economic sustainability for its residents. Complementing its business and residential core, Ontario offers premium entertainment venues such as the Ontario Convention Center, Toyota Arena, and Ontario Mills. To learn more about the City of Ontario, visit OntarioCA.gov or call (909) 395-2000.