The Ontario Police Department has arrested seven additional suspects believed to be involved in a gang related shooting, which occurred on February 17, 2021, in the 1500 N. block of Solano Avenue, Ontario. These arrests are the result of a joint effort with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tabaco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the United States Marshal Service Fugitive Taskforce, the Pasadena Police Department, and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
During the February 2021 incident, numerous suspects were involved in a shooting between alleged rival gang members. Suspects fired recklessly at each other, striking several homes and vehicles in the neighborhood. In August 2021, the investigation led to the identification and arrest of five suspects for the offense of 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(1) – Felon in possession of a firearm and/or ammunition. Ultimately, further investigative leads led to the identification and arrest of seven additional suspects for their involvement in the incident. The suspects are listed below:
- Brian Carrier, 25-years-old, of Lancaster, was arrested on January 18, 2022
- Michael Gittoes, 48-years-old, of Pasadena, was arrested on January 18, 2022
- Derrick Rodgers, 24-years-old, of Ontario, was arrested on January 18, 2022
- James Taylor, 34-years-old, of Lancaster, was arrested on January 19, 2022
- Darrell Gaddie, 26-years-old, of Pasadena, was arrested on January 19, 2022
- Aries McDaniels, 31-years-old, of Duarte, was arrested on January 19, 2022
- Keenan Edwards, 31-years-old, of Fontana, was arrested on January 21, 2022
These suspects have been booked for multiple offenses including PC 25850(c)(3) - Gang member in possession of a firearm, PC 29800 – Felon in possession of a firearm, PC 186.22 – Participating in a criminal street gang, and 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(1) – Felon in possession of a firearm and/or ammunition.
In addition, one stolen firearm was recovered as evidence.
For further information please refer to the following Twitter Links:
The United States Attorney’s Office - @USAO_LosAngeles
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - @LosAngelesATF
Pasadena Police Department - @PasadenaPD
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation - @CACorrections
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call the Ontario Police Department, at 909-986-6711. You may also contact Sergeant Brennan Devey or Officer Michael Lucifora, at 909-408-1308. Information can be reported anonymously by calling WE-TIP at 800-78-CRIME or on-line at www.wetip.com.