Please note that the City has enhanced its Online Utility Payment System. As a result, please re-enroll to access the enhanced payment system. If you are signed up for auto-payment, your current credit card info will be used to continue the auto-pay. If you are an auto-pay customer and you would like to log in to update your auto-payment information, please enroll in the new payment system.
In addition to the updated interface, the new system will allow you to save payment information for faster payments in the future. We also leveraged the latest security practices to ensure a safe transaction.
Please call 909-395-2050 if you have any questions regarding the enhanced system.
To pay in person, visit us at
1333 S. Bon View Avenue
Ontario, CA 91761
PAY YOUR WATER BILL ONLINE!
Disclaimer - PLEASE READ
- General. The City of Ontario's online payment service ("Online Payment") allows you to pay your City of Ontario bill via the internet, either by scheduling automatic payments or by paying individual bills as they become due. By accepting below or otherwise using Online Payment, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement ("Agreement").
- Eligibility. To use Online Payment, you must have an open, eligible City of Ontario Utility account, be properly enrolled, and be able to access and retain electronic documents over the internet.
- Your Password. You must use a password to access Online Payment. Your password has the same effect as your written signature in connection with Online Payment. The City of Ontario shall be entitled to rely on any payment orders or other entries or instructions made by or on behalf of any person using your password unless and until (i) you have revoked such authorization, changed your password and provided the City of Ontario with written notice of such revocation, and (ii) the City of Ontario has had a reasonable opportunity to act upon such notice.
- Credit Card. To use Online Payment, you must designate an eligible deposit or other asset account accessible by a credit card or debit card ("Credit Card") at a bank or other eligible financial institution (your "Financial Institution") from which payments will be made using Online Payment. You agree that, by scheduling automatic payments or a single payment, you authorize the City of Ontario to initiate debit entries to your Credit Card in such amount(s), and to initiate any debit or credit entries to your Credit Card necessary to correct any error in a payment. You also must authorize your Financial Institution to debit or credit your Credit Card in the amount of such payments or corrections. You promise that you have all necessary right, power, and authority to authorize each such payment, and that you will take such steps as your Financial Institution requires to make such authorization. This authorization shall remain in full force and effect until the City of Ontario has received notice from you of your termination of such authorization in such time and in such manner as to afford the City of Ontario and your Financial Institution reasonable opportunity to act on it.
- Payment Amount Limitations. The amount of funds you may use is limited by the amount of available funds you have on your Credit Card, including any available overdraft protection you may have with your Financial Institution. You agree to maintain sufficient funds on your Credit Card to satisfy your bill payments and that the City of Ontario will have no obligation to complete a transaction if sufficient funds are not available. Your access to your Credit Card also may be limited by your agreement(s) with your Financial Institution governing the Credit Card and by applicable law and regulations.
- Payment Processing. Online Payment is designed to be available seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and the City of Ontario will endeavor to update account balance and activity information daily. However, the City of Ontario shall not be liable for any inability to access Online Payment, or for the City of Ontario's failure to update any information, for whatever reason. Payments received before 8:45 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, will be credited your City of Ontario account the same day. Payments made after 8:45 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, or on weekends and holidays, will be credited to your account the following business day. You are solely responsible for making payments prior to the due date, and you are solely responsible for any late fees charged by the City of Ontario for payments not timely made. Late fees for payments made using Online Payment are the same as the late fees charged for mailed payments.
- Fees. The City of Ontario does not charge you any fees for using Online Payment. However, your Financial Institution may charge you fees related to your Credit Card, including transaction fees or fees for attempting transfers without sufficient funds. If a transaction is not honored by your bank a fee may be charged to your City of Ontario account.
- Unauthorized Transfers. If you believe that your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has improperly accessed your Credit Card through Online Payment without your permission, contact the City of Ontario immediately. You should also immediately contact your Financial Institution. Please be aware that you are solely responsible for any unauthorized transfers, although your Financial Institution may provide some form of fraud protection.
- Termination of Online Payment. You may choose to cancel Online Payment at any time with no fee. If you wish to discontinue Online Payment, or discontinue automatic payments while still using Online Payment to pay individual bills, you may cancel by sending a cancellation notice to the address shown below under "Notices." Your termination will be effective no more than ten (10) days after we receive your request. The City of Ontario may suspend or terminate your access to Online Payment at any time, without notice and for any reason. The City of Ontario will attempt to provide you with prior notice of suspension or termination by posting at the City of Ontario's web site or otherwise sending notice of termination, but the City of Ontario will not be liable for any failure to do so. Neither termination nor discontinuation of Online Payment shall affect your liability for transactions initiated through Online Payment using your password.
- Notices to the City of Ontario. Please direct all correspondence to the following address or phone number: City of Ontario Revenue Department, Attn: Internet Billing and Payment, PO BOX 8000, Ontario, CA 91761-1076 Telephone: 1-909-395-2050, Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (excluding holidays).
- Amendments. The terms of the Agreement may be modified or amended by the City of Ontario from time to time. In such event, the City of Ontario will provide notice to you in accordance with applicable law, which may be accomplished by posting such change on the City of Ontario's web site. Any use of Online Payment after the City of Ontario provides you with a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such change(s). You may terminate this Agreement if you do not agree with any such amendments.
- Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement to any other party.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of California without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
- Use of Electronic Communication. By accepting below or otherwise using Online Payment, you also agree that any and all disclosures and communications regarding Online Payment between you and the City of Ontario, including this Agreement, may be made electronically, including by the City of Ontario posting to its web site in accordance with applicable law. Any electronic disclosure or communication the City of Ontario makes will be considered made when transmitted by the City of Ontario.
- Privacy of Information. You acknowledge that the City of Ontario will receive certain of your private and confidential information in connection with your use of Online Payment and that the City of Ontario will not rent, sell or otherwise make available to any third party for any reason any of your private and confidential information that personally identifies you, your Credit Card or payments you make through the Online Payment, other than to provide Online Payment or comply with applicable laws or regulations, including government agency or court orders, unless you otherwise expressly agree.
Your click of the "I Agree" button is a symbol of your signature indicating that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of this Agreement, and constitutes your representation that you are duly authorized to bind the customer to these Terms and Conditions. You may print this Agreement for your records using the Print feature of your browser.