The City is pleased to announce an increase in the allowable number of yard sales per year from only two weekends to now quarterly sales. Yard sale permits are NO LONGER required.
However, yard sales will only be permitted on each quarter during the year. Yard sales are not allowed at any other time of the year.
Yard Sale Weekends
|November 2, 3 and 4 2018|
|February 1, 2 and 3 2019|
|May 3, 4 and 5 2019|
|August 2, 3 and 4 2019|
|November 1, 2 and 3 2019|
Important Guidelines and Requirements
- Only one double-faced sign, not to exceed six (6) square feet in area on any one side, shall be permitted on the property where such sale is located. Such sign may be posted only on the day of the sale. Signs are NOT permitted on City light poles, telephone poles or vehicles.
- Garage or yard sale shall mean any event where items of personal property owned, utilized, or maintained by the occupants of the premises, other than a licensed commercial business, are to be offered for sale to the general public. This shall include garage, patio, and other similar conducted sales.
- Only the seller’s personal property may be sold at a garage or yard sale. New merchandise, items acquired or consigned for the purpose of resale, may not be sold at a garage or yard sale.
- Garage or yard sales are only allowed on properties owned and permitted for residential use.
- Garage or yard sales shall be conducted only between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- If rainy weather conditions exist on either Friday or Saturday of the designated weekend, garage or yard sales may be conducted on the following consecutive Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
For questions, please contact the Code Enforcement Department at (909) 395-2007.