Become A Member
The Friends of Ontario City Library ("Friends") is a 501c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to raise money for the Ontario City Library through used book sales, fundraisers and donations. The Friends donate funds to the Library to support and supplement educational and cultural programming and other services.
The Friends of Ontario City Library are always looking for friendly faces to volunteer. There are several ways you can get involved:
- Become a Member. If you’re ready to become a Friend, stop by and fill out a membership form.
- Join a Meeting. The Friends’ Board of Directors holds a monthly business meeting on the third Wednesday of each month at 4 PM at the Ovitt Family Community Library.
- Become a Bookseller. The Friends need adults to help sort through donated items. Fill out an application to volunteer here: www.ontarioca.gov/employment
- Donations of used books, magazines, media, and money are welcome at all times.
- To donate funds, please contact the Friends.
- To donate used books, old magazines, VHS tapes, DVDs, or music CDS, bring your items to either the Ovitt Family Community Library or Colony High Branch Library. A receipt for your donation is available upon request. All donations to the Friends are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.
- Donations may also come from Amazon Smile.
The library is also looking for old yearbooks, photos, and ephemera pertaining to the rich history of the City of Ontario, the Inland Empire or California. Call (909) 395-2206 to speak with our local history librarian.
For more information about the Friends of Ontario City Library, call (909) 395-2224 or visit friendsofontariocitylibrary.org.