The Ontario Police and Fire Departments are actively monitoring the reports of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and considering how COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases (e.g. cold and flu) will impact our City. In collaboration we are working to respond to the challenges posed by the outbreak. Our focus is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community and staff.
Since the spread of COVID-19, both your Fire and Police Departments have taken appropriate steps to ensure the delivery of emergency services promptly and safely. As your Chiefs, we have taken steps to protect our police officers, firefighters and paramedics to ensure the safety of those we serve. For the most part, residents will not notice any service changes. If you call 911, we will be there. Other steps we have taken include:
- Limiting non-essential meetings, events and trainings to ensure there are no service disruptions.
- Temporarily modifying some non-emergency services and volunteer programs. These measures are aimed at protecting all by minimizing the possibility of human to human transmission of the virus. All emergency services remain in place.
- We are asking members of the community to restrict visiting Police and Fire facilities unless absolutely necessary.
- We encourage non-emergency police reports be completed online: OntarioCA.gov/Police/Reporting
- You may see members of the Fire and Police Department wearing personal protective equipment such as gloves and masks for their own protection.
All emergency services are fully functional. The situation is fluid and dynamic, as the information from health authorities’ changes, so too will our approach. If you have any questions related to the City of Ontario and its handling of COVID-19, please call our Hotline located in our Emergency Operations Center at (909) 988-3650.
As these situations may cause stress and anxiety, we want to personally guarantee our community that your Police and Fire Departments are doing everything they can to help mitigate the situation. We want to thank everyone for your patience and understanding.