Council Member Ruben Valencia was elected to the Ontario City Council in November 2016. He has been an Ontario resident for over two decades and is a Southern California native.
Council Member Valencia is happily married and has three adult daughters.
After high school, Council Member Valencia pursued his dream of going into law enforcement and joined the Sheriff’s Academy. Council Member Valencia now holds an Advanced P.O.S.T. Certificate with the State of California.
After 32 years as a Deputy Sheriff, Council Member Valencia has honorably retired from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. He patrolled the streets for over two decades and was assigned to administrative duties in the training and scheduling office. As a Deputy Sheriff, Council Member Valencia has been a recipient of numerous awards including, but not limited to:
- Medal of Bravery Recipient
- Life Saving Award Recipient
- International Police Association, Member at Large
- Legendary Lawman Award, Gold
- Exemplary Performance Award
Councilman Valencia looks forward to serving the residents and businesses of Ontario.
- Council Member, City of Ontario
- Board Member, Ontario Housing Authority
- Board Member, Ontario Industrial Development Authority
- Board Member, Ontario Redevelopment Financing Authority
- Water Facilities Authority Board
- Chino Valley Unified School District – Measure G
- Recreation & Parks Commission Liaison
- Sister Cities Liaison
- School Districts
- Chino Basin Desalter Authority Board
- Chino Basin Watermaster Board
- Chino Basin Water Bank