950 n Cucamonga Ave.
Ontario, CA 91764
Schimmel Dog Park is located within John Galvin Park
- Separate Small Dog Area - 3700 sf (DG)
- Separate Large Dog Area – 9700 sf (DG)
- Separate Adult and Dog Fountains
- Large Dog Area - Canine Castle, Arch Runways, Natural Logs and Jumping Bar
- Small Dog Area - Dog Ramp and Natural Logs
- Picnic Benches
About Schimmel Dog Park:
Located on the corner of Cucamonga Avenue and I Street. The dog park was constructed in 2016 and opened on May 21st, 2016. The park name is in dedication to police service dog, “Ex” Von der Schimmel – Schultz Heide, who was shot and killed protecting his handler, Corporal Ernie Dorame, while assisting patrol officers in search for an armed suspect that was firing shots in a residential area of the City. Due to Ex’s sacrifice, it lead to the capture of the armed gunman and also prevented him from shooting Dorame and other members of the patrol team.